in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

android operating system

Last post 12-01-2013 2:25 AM by Anonymous. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2011 8:08 PM

android operating system

will logbook work on AT&T motarola phone MB860

• 07-19-2011 10:22 PM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

Re: android operating system

Unlikely; it's PC software so you need a Windows based laptop or netbook. Sorry!

• 08-14-2011 3:58 PM In reply to

Do you have plans to make bring this to Android. Growing carrier and would love to use tablets in the trucks. We have tested and worked with everything on tablets but can't find a log application.

• 08-14-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

We are not working on an android application currently. We will keep an eye on it, and if we get more requests that will help.

Sorry I don't have better news at the moment.

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion of EOBRs vs. paper logs? With EOBRs on the horizon in the next three-four years, we might funnel development resources in that direction.

Thanks,

--LarryBoy

• 11-23-2011 6:44 AM In reply to

I would very much like too see an android app. I have bern using your soft wsre for several years now and like it very much. You need to move your software ahead and keep up with technology. Thank you. T Rye
  • 12-04-2011 8:54 PM In reply to

hi larry- I am a user of your current software. I think the overall opinion of EOBRs from a driver standpoint is there is NOTHING good about it. The only people I've talked to who like it are lazy people that want any excuse not to drive. Tablet computing, as well as cloud computing, IS the future. Microsoft is fast loosing its once huge domination of the PC market. Windows is being out performed handily in the hand held and tablet market. Rather than focus on making eclipse for different operating systems, a web based application would be the most forward thinking. Talk to anyone at Google or Apple, and they will tell you that the future of personal computing is called "cloud computing" in which everything is done in the browser with web based apps, and your files are stored "in the cloud" and accessible from any device. a web-based eclipse that also has a "no connection" operating mode would be ideal. Check this out. Do your homework! lol -SarahTrucker
  • 12-04-2011 9:11 PM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are considering extending the software onto other platforms. If you could share with us how you print from android we would like to know that, since printing paper logs is still a requirement. Cheers, --LarryBoy
  • 03-20-2012 10:22 AM In reply to

The abilty to save in PDF format would help and then we would be able to use an application called printer share.. and being able to access our logs thru a cloud bases would allow the ability to print straight from the web thru the app also... I would love to see an app your log system I love it... The ability to sync with the laptop would be nice too....
  • 04-20-2012 8:27 PM In reply to

• Geoff
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2012
    • Wedowee, AL
    • Points 193

Most all smartphone and tablets can print to pretty much any printer via wifi or bluetooth. I print from my Droid Razr Maxx HD phone all the time in our TV production truck. I also think Apple and Android would be great update for this software. I am in the process of using the trial and so far so good. Not very many bugs to what I need the software to do. Its very simple to operate and print from. Only bug I have seen so far is that the activity when you tab over does not go all the way to the actual place on the screen. But it prints it in the correct location. So far tho I do like your program. Looking forward to many improvements and a long term use of this program. Thanks
  • 04-28-2012 2:05 AM In reply to

There are a lot of the newer printers out there that are including the ability to use google cloud print with all android phones can use after downloading the right app for it. This would be the way I would recommend to do printing (not to mention a good way for dispatch to send stuff to drivers as well that have the right printer). The ability to use a tablet would save a lot of time in the truck due to not having to lug out the laptop all the time and windows tablets are *** for battery life :(
  • 05-31-2012 1:36 PM In reply to

I have your Windows version, but now I am carrying a asus tablet and would love to use your program on my android tablet. I would buy it even if some things are cut for the windows version. Please concider to make one . Thanks Rodney
  • 05-31-2012 2:51 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

We are currently working on an Android app, and an Ipad app to come out later. We do not have a release date yet, but keep an eye on www.logbook.com for more info when we post release dates.
  • 07-01-2012 10:37 PM In reply to

Cool! What are you going to call the Google Play app? (Andro-Eclipse).
  • 07-02-2012 8:48 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello, Not quite sure on the name yet. I am assuming we will stick with "Logbook" just to keep things simple when going from our PC version to an app. version. What features would you like to see the app version?
  • 09-04-2012 1:14 PM In reply to

Hey, hows the app going? As far as features as long as it works and has the driver inspection report, then anything else is a bonus. But it would be nice if you could have shortcuts to other common apps and bookmarks. I use comdata so a link to that or say google maps... but if one could make it so you can put your own common used apps or links it would be totally awesome. I never pay for apps (its linux, its supposed to be open source) but id pay for this app. Even thou i think my company has some kind of deal worked out with yall. Ieven beta the thing for ya if you need lol...
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy