in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

android operating system

Last post 12-01-2013 2:25 AM by Anonymous. 37 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2012 1:34 PM In reply to

Re: android operating system

I am waiting on android version as well. I use a tablet for everything else - just need this app to work on it too :)
  • 12-12-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

I would like to see an android version...
  • 12-12-2012 12:47 PM In reply to

Any idea on Android release date?
  • 12-20-2012 9:40 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello,

We are currently working on an Android app, and an Ipad app to come out later. We do not have a release date yet, but keep an eye on www.Logbook.com for more info when we post release dates.
  • 02-18-2013 6:46 AM In reply to

• Geoff
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2012
    • Wedowee, AL
    • Points 193

Any news yet on the Android App?
  • 02-21-2013 3:57 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello Geoff

The most current news is that development is still hard at work. I apologize I do not have more information at this time. Honestly I am just as eager to see the app. released :) What features are you wanting to see in it?
  • 03-30-2013 6:56 AM In reply to

the most helpful feature of an Android based logbook would be that there IS one from you guys, seriously, my current laptop is dying and this is the one reason i havent bought a new laptop yet, i wanted to wait till you had something i could buy for a new tablet, sadly it looks like i wont be able to wait that long i respect that development takes time and you need it to be functional and legal but a year in the making for a platform that has been out for 4-5 years? while you lose money permanently to people buying eobrs or just running paper because they dont see an app they like on the store? it does not make good sense nor buisness sense to not at least give us a target date better than "soon" for when we could expect this had a trooper look at 2 logs on my computer and call it good on a level 3 last night, he liked it, didnt know why more people dont run something like it instead of paper, MY only complaint is that swapping between data and paper is slow and day to day in audit is agonizing
  • 04-03-2013 8:34 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

That's great that the trooper didn't give you any hassle and liked the software. If Logbook is running slow when switching between the data and paper page it could be because there is a lot of data in the system. Have you tried deleting old logs? (FILE>>DELETE OLD LOGS). That might help speed things up a bit. You could also go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right to connect with a technician to troubleshoot the issue.
  • 06-19-2013 10:20 AM In reply to

Any idea on android based software?
  • 06-19-2013 5:00 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello,

Great progress has been made with our Android app! Although the new Hours of Service update for Logbook has helped slow things down. We're really hoping to have testing done and get a release out in the next few months.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you at this time, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you and have a great day.
    Filed under:
  • 07-14-2013 4:42 PM In reply to

How are you planning to print out the logs in the truck?

• 07-22-2013 4:34 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello,

The printing issue is still being worked out. There are a few third party apps out there that can handle the printing. If you know of any apps or ideas for printing, post them here please.

Thank you! Have a great day.
    Filed under:
  • 07-27-2013 5:37 PM In reply to

I'm really excited to hear about this. I have an Andriod Galaxy Tablet. Im ready! lol

• 08-02-2013 9:14 PM In reply to

PrinterShare is by far the best app out there. And it can be used with most bluetooth or wifi printers. I had asked several times to be a part of the development and beta testing of the logbook app for android. I think I can provide a great deal of help considering my knowledge of android and related Items for logging and data entry.
  • 09-30-2013 5:33 AM In reply to

My company just started using tablet app from different company and I don't like it is your app going to be done soon

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy