in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Apple iPad

Last post 01-06-2015 10:29 AM by mriker. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2013 9:46 PM In reply to

Re: Apple iPad

Any word on the Apple IOS app yet? Are you doing any beta testing yet? Time is running out for me ready to switch over to iPad only and ditch the laptop. If you guys don't hurry I guess the XRS system will be my choice.
  • 03-29-2013 8:15 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello jay.smith,

I am sorry we do not have a release date for the Android / IOS versions of Logbook. Our development team is working hard to make sure that we release a great product that will be stable on all devices and have lots of features. I do hope that we are able to get it out in time to keep you as a user, and appreciate your patience in waiting for the release. What features would you like to see in the app?
  • 04-03-2013 6:22 AM In reply to

One thing that would be helpful is noting entry to and from states for fuel usage tax?
  • 07-07-2013 4:13 AM In reply to

At the pace your development team is working EOBR's will be mandatory before an iPad app is available :(
  • 11-04-2013 7:22 PM In reply to

Do you realize that in the amount of time you guys have been working on these apps that we have had the Obamacare bill written, debated, voted on, challenged in Supreme Court and then 5 MILLION!! lines of code had to be written for the website. I mean really its a LOG BOOK. What the problem is??? I am sure there is some 6 year old kid that would be willing to help you guys out.. I'm just saying..............
  • 05-14-2014 6:38 AM In reply to

ok it seems this will never come out. - But im hearing that there are 7 other companies that are starting to create this same type of app and they will start wil iOS. - lets see which horse comes to the finish line first. - but im not holding my break on this one because the guy keeps telling us the same thing over and over for almost 4 years now.

• 07-19-2014 4:04 AM In reply to

Any word on the iPad app yet? how about saying screw the Android app because obviously the iPad app is what everyone wants and you are losing money because you dont have an app for it yet. Just my two cents. Give the custom ers what they want and continually ask for.
  • 09-29-2014 10:30 AM In reply to

• mriker
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2014
    • Points 416

Hi There, We are currently working on a build that is compatible with mobile devices such as tablets and phones. So we do not currently support them. However some of our customers have installed LogBook successfully on tablets that have the full version of Windows on them. If you are unsure if your tablet has the full version of Windows on it you can contact the manufacturer. If you have any questions, please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side to connect with a technician. They are available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm MTN Time.
  • 11-28-2014 10:25 AM In reply to

Come on, fella's. You are still working on the freaking app? It's been over 2 years now. My nephew is a program designer with no formal training and he could have got this thing up and running sooner! As of right now, BigRoad has the premier logbook app on the market. Eclipse is good but you have to be able to change with the times. Come on guys get it together and get this app out!!
  • 12-01-2014 9:08 AM In reply to

• mriker
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2014
    • Points 416

Hi There,

We understand your frustration and the need to use the software on your mobile device. As stated before that option is not currently available. However you can use tablets that have the full version of windows on them. When we release a build that is compatible with your mobile devices we will put some info out on the home page of our website. Please keep an eye on Logbook.com for the updates. Thank you. 

• 01-02-2015 3:05 PM In reply to

what about with a mac computer
  • 01-04-2015 5:16 PM In reply to

I have moved on...... No iPad version for the past 3-4 years was the last straw. The "JustTrucking" app is now my standard logging program. Sorry.
  • 01-05-2015 11:04 AM In reply to

• mriker
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2014
    • Points 416

Hi There, We are not compatible with Apple products. Only Windows machines with the full version of Windows installed on them. We are working on a mobile app and a build that is compatible with Apple products, but it is not yet available and we do not currently have an ETA. Please keep an eye on Logbook.com and we will post any updates on the home page. Thank you and have a great day!
  • 01-05-2015 6:53 PM In reply to

This goes to point out just how out of touch your team has become. It DOES work on a mac! You need to set up your Mac using "Boot Canp". With a copy of Windows you can run it on a Mac. My concern is the lack of development inprovements in this product. Your competition is cross platform compatible on ALL devices, (OSX, iOS, Androd, Windows). The excuse of a non cross platform product is sad.
  • 01-06-2015 10:29 AM In reply to

• mriker
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2014
    • Points 416

Hi There, We have pushed your concerns up to our developers and are awaiting a response. At this time we have provided you with all the information we have available. There are ways to use LogBook on a Mac such as Parallels, again that is not currently supported. So we cannot guarantee the functionality of the program. Please keep an eye on LogBook.com and we will post any new updates to the software. Thanks and have a great day!
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy