in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Print log in different color

Last post 02-23-2017 9:46 PM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2016 5:45 PM

Print log in different color

I have a color printer. Can your program print the logbook in different color (as same as paper log sheet)? Example - grid, name of carrier, main office address... etc. in red color and lines of duty status in black color. Thank you.

• 05-31-2016 9:06 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Re: Print log in different color

Hello,

I'm sorry Logbook will only print the log in black and white. That is because all the log forms we use are in black and white to save on space. Color images would take up a lot more space on your computer. 

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

• 06-12-2016 2:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for answer. But, my computer has enough hard disk space and you should not care about it. Besides, I can save large amounts of files at 3 TB external drive.
  • 07-05-2016 11:07 PM In reply to

Your explanation of the more space of color copies are not looking very seriously. You can make your program to print in color if you do not take into account this factor?
  • 07-06-2016 8:32 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

While some users may have a lot of available space, some users on Windows tablets only have 32GB - 64GB which some of that space is taken by the OS and other programs on the tablet. We also chose to not print in color to make the program faster. Clicking throught the days and loading up color images and the xml data could take significally longer depending on the size of the log image. Also black ink is cheaper than color ink cartridges :) 

In addtion our certified fax feature also has to send the image along with some XML data, so using smaller images helps send the logs faster. 

Hope this information helps! 

• 08-22-2016 2:10 PM In reply to

All the truck drivers not poor people and may afford buy color cartridges. Now it is not expensive. Besides, they know that to store files Drop Box gives them a 2.5 GB of free disk space on the server :-D
  • 02-23-2017 9:46 PM In reply to

Please don't confuse drop box or other external storage with local storage. External storage may not always be available because there is no internet connectivity in the area. Having stored your active file externally is therefore a risk and will not be looked kindly by any inspecting officer who wants to see your logs. If these two incidents happen simultaneously (and often they do), the driver is in violation by not being able to provide current duty status or history of status/old logs. Yes it may seem like a great idea to have color logs. Looking at the reasoning behind choosing not to have color printability by the company writing the code, I think they make some pretty valid arguments against color print options. Let me add another. Should you choose to print in green or blue, you could have a serious copy/scan problem depending upon your scanner/copier as certain shades will appear as ghosts or not at all. Writing code based upon the user's make/model of printer is a bad idea and would be more costly to implement for everyone, including the black and white printing people. Yes, I too would like to print my logs in a different color. I understand that this is a slight inconvenience over all of the other options i have available. Therefore, I will print black and white. You could use a different color of paper to start with and then print in black and (your choice of color here).
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy