in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Midnight is my only real problem!

Last post 04-02-2013 12:56 PM by larryalu79. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2012 4:43 AM

• jayork
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Points 58

Midnight is my only real problem!

The starting mileage also shows up in the ending mileage until you end your day, which is fine until you drive past midnight.  If you start your log in the middle of the day and drive through midnight into the next day and say shut down at two in the morning your mileage will be all messed up.  It won't let you click on the onduty driving line and add a mileage that will show up top and be calculated with the calculate mileage button.  The next day is a worse disaster because your starting mileage should be your mark on the onduty driving done at midnight while still driving till two in the morning.  But it uses your mileage when you shutdown at two as your starting mileage for the day.  So your total mileage for the second day is from two in the morning till you shut down.  Which is incorrect.  The 24 hour clock doen't always go from midnight to midnight, if you drive through one day to the next the mileage is hard to work with and I endup scratching it out and writing it in, which kind of defeats the purpose of printing a nice neat log sheet.

Sorry to sound like a complainer, actually love this program and has saved my bacon a few times.  Thanks

• 10-22-2012 8:28 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Re: Midnight is my only real problem!

Hello, Glad to hear that you do like Logbook! For the midnight issue make a remark at 11:45 PM with an odometer reading, that should fix the issue. If it doesn't, please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side for a technician to have a look. Hope this helps.
  • 10-23-2012 8:15 PM In reply to

• jayork
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Points 58

Hi Ryan, how are you?  Actually I have to put a remark at 11:45 PM and one at 12:00 AM.  If I put one at 11:45 and not at 12 then the mileage isn't calculated correctly and if I put one at 12 and not 11:45 then the mileage is calculated correctly but the finish mileage is the same as the starting mileage.  Just gets a little confusing.

Thanks

Jamie York

• 10-24-2012 8:48 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hey Jamie, I am doing great thanks. I tested that I my end and you're correct. That is an issue we will have fixed in a later build of Logbook.
  • 04-02-2013 12:56 PM In reply to

I"m a new user to the software but I've been writing down midnight odometer readings for years. In this software I simply make a remark at midnight with the odometer reading. This allows the software to calculate daily miles and it also automatically transfers to the next day for its calculations as well.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy