in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

canada

Last post 05-24-2013 8:50 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2012 8:42 PM

canada

i run canada only specifically in alberta and never outside of the province we have different rules regarding hos here is there a way to get a updated hos for my province or turn off auditing alltogether also the default form is not quite correct if i buy can this be changed to better reflect where i drive? i do understnd that you operate primaraly in the states just not sure if support for canadians is availible that way(seems most forget about us lol)

thanks and great program so far except what i mentioned

• 05-07-2012 8:33 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Re: canada

Hello, In the bottom left of the software you can change which jurisdiction you are auditing for. Select Canada, it will audit you for cycle 1 only. To get your log form changed to a generic Canadian log please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side of the page to connect with a tech. Hope this helps.
  • 06-26-2012 9:27 PM In reply to

can program work ok with canada jurisdiction and doing usa on a trip? doing West canada then down in the states to come back to canada....
  • 06-27-2012 8:48 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello, In the bottom left of the software you can change which jurisdiction you are auditing for. Select Canada, it will audit you for cycle 1 only. When you cross the border into the US, you will need to change to the correct US jurisdiction. This may make the time when you were in Canada look like your in violation, when you change the jurisdiction your auditing for it changes it for all of the log data, not from the specific point that your changed jurisdictions. Same thing will happen when you go from the US to Canada and change the jurisdiction. This will not be a problem because where it shows that you're in "violation" you will be able to see that the location is either in Canada or the US and is not the jurisdiction you are auditing for. I hope this helps, if you have more questions please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side to connect with a technician.
    Filed under:
  • 12-28-2012 11:23 AM In reply to

Re: Canada in kilometres?

Can we please get mileage changed to kilometres in Canada please. (I said please twice)
  • 12-28-2012 3:27 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello,

The mileage will be the same if you entering your odometer reading in KM. On the data page it will say miles, and depending on which log form you're using it will either say miles of KM on the paper page. We do have a generic Canadian log form that we can add to your account or if you company already provides with a log form with the company name and address preprinted on it then follow this: You can send me 2 - 3 log pages. Please DO NOT fold the logs when you send them in, it messes up the scanning. Also please include a note with your name and phone number so I know which account to add it to.

Eclipse Software Systems, LLC 8201 W. 20th street Greeley, CO 80634 Attn: Ryan

Hope this information helps. If you would like us to add the Canadian log form to your account please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side to connect with a technician. They are available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm MTN Time.
    Filed under: , ,
  • 05-23-2013 7:49 PM In reply to

While you are correct in stating that entering the distances (either miles or kilometers) will allot the required distance traveled calculation, it will quote the average speed traveled during the day only as miles per hour. Those of us who are reporting and entering our distances as kilometers will see an average speed quoted (in miles per hour) as rather, shall we say, FAST! It would be swell if we could have a choice of toggling between stated distance in kilometers or miles, so that we can see our averaged traveled speed for the day quoted in either miles per hour or kilometers per hour. This software rocks and I know the quoted average speed for the day is not a DOT requirement, but it sure is a nice bonus to have that little notation that you've chosen to include in the fields. It's just useless to those of us with odometers that record only in kilometers. Any chance of including an option for kilometers per hour? Maybe all you would have to do is enter a formula in your code when kilometers is toggled? Thanks!
  • 05-24-2013 8:51 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

In Logbook where is says My Miles think of it as saying My Distance. To get your average speed it is calculated by distance/time. As long as you're entering in your KM odometer it will calculate your average distance (KM) per hour. It really is just a wording issue. If it read as My Distance and Distance Per Hour it would be correct whether you're using a miles odometer or KM odometer. If your Logbook has a Canadian style log form then Logbook will put the distance in the KM field on the log sheet and will be correct. I will see if we might be able to change the wording in a later build of Logbook.

Hope this information helps. Have a great day.
    Filed under: , ,
  • 05-24-2013 8:50 PM In reply to

Ah, I see what you mean; it is really just a semantics issue. I got hung up on the fact that the stated speed was in miles per hour when in fact, it is simply a time/distance calculation based on the inputted distance value. Also, the fact that the value is displayed only on the data page means that I don't have to explain this to a LEO who might otherwise think that my average speed yesterday was 93 miles per hour! This software is excellent and methinks that I shall be converting from a trial to full subscription after only two days of trial use. Thanks for a great product and a helpful, timely response to my question!
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy