in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Form and manner question

Last post 02-11-2013 8:23 AM by RyanT. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2012 6:01 PM

Form and manner question

I got a warning today for logging multiple days off on 1 log between 1/27/12 and 2/3/12. i have been using this program form almost 3 years,this is the first time i have gotten this type of violation. they said it is because of csa 2010 form and manner rules. can anyone explain this and the link of this rule. I also got a 14 hour rule violation for jan 12,2012. I would like to post the day of the violation and the prior day so people can see it. the violation does not show on the log book but the auditor got me on it.
  • 03-12-2012 8:15 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Re: Form and manner question

Hello, A driver is able to log consecutive off duty days on one log, here is the link and information from the FMCSA website. (10) Recording days off duty. Two or more consecutive 24-hour periods off duty may be recorded on one duty status record. That is in 395.8 section F, subsection 10 and here is the link. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=395.8 For the 14hr violation I would need to see your logs, please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side. This way we can connect up and I will take a look. Hope this helps!
  • 02-10-2013 9:35 PM In reply to

The reason for the form and manner warning is because you have multiple days off in two different months. You should have listed 1/27/12 to 1/31/12 on one log, then 2/1/12 to 2/3/12 on a different log. This has been a long standing rule and I am quite sure that is the reason for your warning
  • 02-11-2013 8:23 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

I definitely think you're right as long as the company is who gave him the warning. A lot of companies do not want a driver to create an off-duty log that crosses into another month. However there is not a FMCSA rule that states a driver cannot log an off-duty log that crosses into another month. The company is only required to keep the logs for 6 months, they usually file the logs into single months and trash them as they become older than six months. Having an off-duty log that spans from the 7th month (trash) and the 6 month means they wouldn't be able to throw it out, or might accidentally get thrown out.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy