in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

GPS Location

Last post 12-30-2016 5:53 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2009 8:23 PM

GPS Location

hey guys. First off let me say thank you a TON for the software. It should cost more in my opinion. I am excited to see what new features may come later. I hope to help as much as possible. I mean...I am not going to hack out a C++ or Csharp Code for you guys as I think you can handle it on your own. There are things I have a question about but the biggest one is the GPS location auto button. I have never gotten this to work since I bought the software from you. I purchased Microsoft S&T with GPS just because of you guys and this software. The software works great (Both you guys and Microsoft S&T) while running together but for whatever reason all I ever get is No Good GPS Fix. Thanks for any help with this.
  • 02-11-2009 8:40 PM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

Re: GPS Location

Thanks for the kind words; we're really glad you like it! And we *really* like it when you tell others drivers how awesome our software is. Big Smile

As for troubleshooting the GPS ... does the GPS work in Streets and Trips? Once it's working there, close Streets and Trips AND Logbook; then run Logbook by itself (Streets & Trips should not be running). Do you get the "No good fix" message in the status bar in the lower-right? If so, try clicking on the grid at the current time, and the click the "Get GPS Location" button and see if it, too, says "No good fix" or if you get a valid reading. Let me know the results and we'll proceed from there.

By the way, if you log in at our website (see Login in the top-right corner of most pages) you can post questions at our General Support area rather than just here in the sales-question area.

Cheers,

--LarryBoy

• 01-22-2010 7:18 PM In reply to

• Bill H.
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • behind the wheel
    • Points 26

I'm using the same setup you mentioned. I had to use the procedure LarryBoy outlined the first time but since then I don't need to open Streets and Trips. It's not real fast finding my location but it works.

Hope this helps,

35andme
  • 03-08-2013 9:21 PM In reply to

will there be a fix for using eclipse and streets and trips at the same time off one blue tooth gps

Filed under:
  • 03-11-2013 7:59 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Hello,

I have provided a link with instructions on how to setup GPSGate to get Logbook running with a GPS software at the same time. I am not sure if it will work via Bluetooth but it is worth a shot. You can also go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button to have one of our technicians assist you in trying to get it setup. Hope this helps, please let me know if you have other questions.

Setting up GPS gate- http://www.logbook.com/community/forums/p/90/272.aspx#272
    Filed under:
  • 12-30-2016 5:53 PM In reply to

Found a fix today that works on my computer anyway. Did not like that I could only have one program hooked to my GPS antenna/puck, Street Atlas or Eclipse. Switching back and forth was combersome and sometimes required shutting down one or both programs. Today I started up Street Atlas got it running, then plugged in a second antenna/puck and fired up Eclipse. Now both are working at the same time. Yippie don't have to carry to computers with me.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy