in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Software upgrade needed

Last post 01-14-2016 12:19 PM by RyanT. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2016 3:11 PM

• jimb96
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-05-2016
    • Points 42

Software upgrade needed

Fax is the drivers only selection to send log sheets in, with this new age faxes are going by the way side and paperwork is all done electronic which has a much better quality. I'm suggesting that the software have a major upgrade to make it possible to save a log sheet into a saved file PDF, etc, so you could attach it to an email along with other paperwork. This saves double the work of making a copy, then scanning it, then putting it into a saved file , then attach it to an email . Wouldn't it be so much simpler to put it into a file to be attached to an email? JIM
  • 01-05-2016 3:31 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Re: Software upgrade needed

Hello Jim,

The certified fax is not the typical fax you're thinking of. It is a digital transfer of the log information to a server. Then the data is downloaded onto the computer of the company. So yes, the company must be signed up with Rapidlog (www.rapidlog.com) for the certified fax feature to work. 

You can email your company a .PDF of your logs if you'd like. You need to download a free .PDF printer and install it. Then you can print to .PDF and attach it in an email. 

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
  • 01-12-2016 6:56 PM In reply to

• jimb96
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-05-2016
    • Points 42

When I pull up Certified Fax, it tells me that I have no carrier setup.

I cannot find or see any type of pull down chart that would allow me to even start to make any type of change to send it to a PDF file as you have stated.

Help,

Thanks,

Jim 

Filed under:
  • 01-14-2016 12:19 PM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Certified fax is a feature your company would have to be setup with. What I was saying is because your company is not setup with that, then you can just print the logs to PDF and then email them. I am sorry about the confusion.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy