in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Emergency Conditions

Last post 10-06-2014 3:55 PM by mriker. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2014 11:16 AM

Emergency Conditions

For example: Would you deem a rollover accident closing both directional lanes of their required permitted use highway as that of an "Emergency Condition," whereas, my driver found him/her self caught within the boundaries of the unforeseen accident closing passage to their required heavy weight permitted highway, thereby, leaving them stranded without any possibility to use an alternate highway. However, due to this site "Eclipse Logbook," my driver is incorrectly being told he/she cannot utilize FMCSR 395.1(b)(2) because its use will not pass an audit. My question is "why is the provision listed as LAWFUL to utilize its use to reasonably complete their run absent the Emergency yet in the eyes of one's safety department due to logbook.com they deem it UNLAWFUL?" An unforeseen road blockage due to an unforeseen accident clearly defines an Emergency Condition!
  • 10-06-2014 3:55 PM In reply to

• mriker
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2014
    • Points 416

Re: Emergency Conditions

Hi There, You are correct, you can use adverse driving conditions for this. However LogBook is not designed for this type of issue, your log auditor will be able to apply the correct rule to make the log not in violation. You will need to add an check point with a note stating why you went over your hours and make your log auditor aware of this situation. If your company is auditing your logs with Rapidlog they can add you under the US 70:8E jurisdiction for that day. Which will remove the violation for hours. If you have any issues, please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side to connect with a technician. They are available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm MTN Time.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy