in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Windows 8 upgrade... Log book will not work.

Last post 12-26-2012 11:00 AM by RyanT. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2012 11:17 PM

Windows 8 upgrade... Log book will not work.

We can not get the logbook software to work on our laptop after we upgraded to windows 8 . I have tried reinstalling from the link sent in email from the first time I installed the software. It worked good until we upgraded to windows 8, now it wont work. Please help us get it to working. any Ideas? llkwildcatt@msn.com
  • 12-12-2012 8:18 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

Re: Windows 8 upgrade... Log book will not work.

Hello,

I believe you need to enable the .Net framework. I have provided a link below with instructions. Hope this work for you, if not please go to www.logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side to connect with a technician. They are available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm MTN Time.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/aviraj/archive/2012/08/04/windows-8-enable-net-framework-3-5-includes-net-2-0-and-3-0-i-e-netfx3-feature-in-online-amp-offline-mode.aspx
  • 12-20-2012 8:47 AM In reply to

• Geoff
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2012
    • Wedowee, AL
    • Points 193

Ryan a quick question on the new Windows 8 laptop. The resolution I have is 1920 x 1080. After I put in the location I am at,when I tab over to the next tab activity it doesn't go over to the tab. I just goes just past the location tab. When you go to the paper tab at bottom everything prints out correctly. Is there anything I can do to make it go over to the correct tab activity or is this just a windows 8 issue?
  • 12-20-2012 9:35 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

I have seen that issue on one other machine. I believe it is a graphics card issue and not a Windows 8 issue. You can try a couple of things to fix the issue.

1. Try to update the graphics card drivers. 2. Minimize Logbook, then bring the window back up. If I remember correctly this fixed it until you fully closed out of Logbook and reopened.

Hope this information helps. If you would like us to look into it more please go to www.Logbook.com and click on the CHAT NOW button on the right side to connect with a technician.
  • 12-23-2012 10:21 PM In reply to

• Geoff
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2012
    • Wedowee, AL
    • Points 193

Well after installing the new driver update for graphics card, it still does not go to the correct location. When you min the screen then back out tho it does go to the correct location. I guess for now every time we open the app we will just have to min the screen to get it to go to the correct location.
  • 12-26-2012 11:00 AM In reply to

• RyanT
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-13-2011
    • Points 3,462

I'm sorry to hear that updating the graphics driver didn't resolve the issue. You can try getting in contact with the graphic card company to let them know about the issue and see if maybe a patch is available, or at least get them started on one.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy