in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

implement a copy to next day or month

Last post 02-19-2010 9:01 AM by LarryBoy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2010 12:48 PM

implement a copy to next day or month

hi im a canadian truck driver, i whant to have an electronic daily log in my umpc. Your soft is almost perfect for me, but i find a few annoying things for my personal usage. i whant a setup who's asking me if : i have the same company/address, the same allocated truck number etc ... i'm using your latest trial, and i'm tired to have to input thoses infos again and again ?? and an option to copy them for the next day, month or year long. or for an example : an agency guy who could have a companies entered list in a drop down menu selection, combined with their adresses upon selection ??? i have a 10inch portable touchscreen umpc with WinCe 5.0 and a sirf 3 chip integrated, and a portable printer, i'm using Igo8, street and trips, Garmin for pc and i whant an electronic daily log in it.
  • 02-19-2010 9:01 AM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

Re: implement a copy to next day or month

When you visit a date for the first time, we copy the company/addresses over from the prior log. This generally works really well, except for the case where you have the wrong company or address, and then visit new dates, and the incorrect info is copied forward. Then if you want to change it, you have to change it manually for every day you visited. There's really no way to tell IN ADVANCE of viewing a day, if you've viewed it before. The best way out of this situation is to simply correct it on each day as you move forward. Eventually you'll visit a day that hasn't been viewed before, and it copy the correct info from the last log you just viewed. Just stay with it!

Truck/Trailer/Codriver/etc. all are copied when you visit one of those fields (by clicking on it or tabbing to it).

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy