in

Eclipse Logbook

Customer discussion and support areas

Your Program

Last post 06-27-2009 7:50 AM by LarryBoy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2009 6:22 AM

Your Program

? I am a a driver , i want to use system on laptop in my truck, move files to desktop in home do I need two subs or can i paid for one. is program stable where i don't have to keep getting auth codes .
  • 06-06-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

Re: Your Program

You'll be able to unlock it on a laptop and your home computer with a single license. You can copy the data file using File > Backup > To File option and put it on a thumb drive (or email it, but that's a bit more complicated).

You generally only have to unlock your software once after it's purchased. Sometimes we make changes to the software or custom log forms that require a second unlock (which is when it retrieves your form information), but that's infrequent. If you have an internet connection it's very fast and painless to unlock.

• 06-27-2009 5:12 AM In reply to

I purchased the program it only works on one computer, please expland in simple terms HOW to use it on two computers. I have tried many ways, NO LUCK

• 06-27-2009 7:50 AM In reply to

• LarryBoy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-05-2007
    • Greeley, Colorado
    • Points 3,777

To unlock it (must be done on both machines)...

1. Run the Eclipse Logbook program
    2. Select Help
    3. Select Unlock
    4. Select the Already Registered tab (it will probably all ready be selected)
    5. Provide your Email/Username and Password
    6. Click Finish

The software will run on both computers, but the data will NOT be shared between them unless you copy the data file between the two machines. If you want detailed instructions on that process I need to know the answers to the following questions: (1) Do you have, and will you keep an Upgrade Pack in place [this gives you access to our on-line backup tools] (2) Do both computers have internet access? (3) How often will you be transferring data between the two computers.

Cheers,

--LarryBoy

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2007-2008 Eclipse Software Systems Inc.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy